.

.

11) "I am rejecting the scholarship as well as the country"

My face conveyed my feelings. He added, "What would you do now?"

I had, in fact, already made up my mind and I had conveyed to people at home as well. I promptly said, "I shall take the first plane available to go home." He was visibly surprised. He tried to dissuade me, "Do you know that you are one of the five persons selected for this
international scholarship meant for all Asian countries; are you refusing the scholarship?"

I replied a little more firmly, "I am rejecting the scholarship as well as the country."

He thought for a few seconds. Then there were telephonic consultations with some other authorities.

He smiled at last. "We do not want to lose a research scholar, especially one like you. You will continue to have your way and I have taken personal responsibility against any misuse of your weapon."

Feeling greatly relieved, I thanked him profusely. Then I showed him my 'Kara'
and explained that with a 'Kara' on my wrist, I am already under the love bond of my Guru and cannot misuse my weapon, body or mind.

He felt pleased. The man promised to be my friend during the course of my stay.

No comments: