.

.

13) My daily prayers...

When I explain at length, they agree that Sikhism is a "Kaliethriskeia" - a good religion.

A brother-like Muslim friend of mine introduced me once to another person, saying "for my purposes he is a Muslim." A staunch orthodox Christian friend, who is going to become a priest in a couple of months, introduced my religion to another priest as, "it is very similar, indeed very near to our own religion". Sikhism is now known all around where I live.

I have not yet been to any other European country. My teacher in a college at Chandigarh, where I helped him in translating 'Pinnochio' into Punjabi had then fired my imagination
to go to Italy. My Guru's grace was with me in Greece. May be Greece is an exception. I do not know. I have my wishes and plans to visit some East European countries. These are the
countries where Sikhs are rarely known or seen. Ah! the Grace of God is every where, even where He is not believed!

I have realized the value of Sikhism, its form and content, often with tears flowing through my eyes to my beard. Something constantly pricks me. I realize my feelings too well. Let me
express it in a few words of prayer,
"Guru Ji, make me really live the life of a true Sikh till my last breath. Let me be that good at least Which others think me to be."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sat Sri Akal Veerji. Amazing blogs . The confidence and courage that you have shown even in diffcult times is truly inspiring. I would like to know more about you and your experiences. Take care.