.

.

8) In order to be a true Sikh you have to be a good citizen

They may appear to be 'enjoying' the 'pleasure' for some moments. I do not know, but I do know, and most of them agree with me voluntarily, that they have permanently ruined their health and happiness. Spiritual bliss is beyond their imagination and reach.

In order to be a true Sikh you have to be a good citizen. Which country would object to have such residents? A Sikh as a Sikh is more welcome anywhere and perhaps lives happier in
foreign countries.

This is not to say that one does not face 'problems.' There are two sides to the question. We have to define the word 'problem' first. If others look at me with curiosity and a question-mark, is it a problem? I can address and face such a situation in two ways. One is to feel embarrassed and depressed. Then it is a problem. The other way is to take these looks as an opportunity for self expression and a step towards social introduction. Then, the same strange looks are not a problem but an asset!

'Problem' after all, is my reaction towards events , more so my psychological fear. At least I have never felt this sort of problem or fear. I often wave my hand in a friendly gesture to curious eyes and get in return beaming smiles and hands waving back from little children, young boys and old people alike.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well said. There is no reason to have any kind of complexes and doubts in our mind because of our appearance.Fear and problems arise only if our religious faith is dithering and we don't possess solid reason for anything we are doing. We should know our religion logically as well, only then we'll acquire the knowledge and have every good reason to praise Sikhism.